Search This Blog

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Y book medieval ware



Are you Ansgarr?
- Yes
- Good
- What seems to be the problem?
- It's this thing here.
  Have a seat.
- Thanks.
- I haven't been able to do anything all morning.
- Yes, I apologize, it takes time. Everyone needs help with the new system.
  So you can't open it?
- No, it's just been lying there.
- Have you tried to opening it?
- Open it?
  If it had been that straight forward, I wouldn't have called Helpdesk.
  Would you like some water?
- No, thanks.
  Well if we go like this...
  There! We're in.
- I got to that point myself.
  But then I stopped, fearing I would lose some text.
  I didn't have the nerve to go on.
- Okay. In here there may be hundreds of pages of stored text.
  To proceed, you take hold of a page...
  ... and turn the page.
  And the text continues there.
- I "turn the page"?
- Yes, turn the page.
- But what if I want to go back?
- Just turn the page in the opposite direction.
  .. and you're back at the previous text.
- Okay. So it ends here...
  and continues there!
  Okay. But what do I do when I finish?
- You simply close the book like this.
  There. It's closed and all its text is stored for you.
- And you're sure I won't lose any of the text?
- Yes; everything is safely stored here.
- Compared to the scroll...
  it takes longer to turn the pages of a book.
  Wait, just to repeat this before you leave.
  I open it like this...
  And then - what did you call it?
- To "turn the pages".
- Right. I turn the pages back and forth.
  And when I'm done I close it.
  Splendid! Thanks.
  No, wait, wait, wait!
  Now it's like this - I can't open it.
- You must open it from the front.
- Oh, so that actually matters?
- Yes. You must open it like this.
- I see!



& No comments here!









Here's a bit of computer history and humor with one of Compaq Computer's ads. Compaq was trying to show its computer was compatible with IBM's personal computer.

The ad showcases John Cleese comparing the Compaq Computer with a dead fish. See if you get the connection... and the dry humor.

No comments: