Not all roads lead to Rome, some end in Manresa. I am writing to You. You keep on reading. 유. We can imagine that having seen your book translated you are satisfied with the two copies you recieve. 유.
But the Korean-language translation published by Prunsoop ended with three pages of text the author and columnist hadn't written. Getting obsessed with finding out what does this epilogue said, the journey took me to these weird places:
1) to the kitchens of two Korean restaurants, whose names are omitted because it turned out they were Chinese.
2) Later, in a literary speech award in Lleida, the writer explained a sheer perplexity at this Korean enigma and the current President of the Parliament, Ernest Benach, handed the phone of a famous Korean whose name is also omitted.
3) Odd enough, the novelist was told to send him one of his two copies and ....
4) to never hear from the famous Korean above mentioned.5) Finally, in the book club library in Sant Fruitós Bages one of the attendees, until then a stranger to the scribe gave the pages to be translated to a Korean family in Manresa.
The gentle reader is called Rosa Camprubí and days went by. She has just sent today the translation of the three enigmatic pages, after a journey, remarkable and bizarre indeed. Read the second half of the ordeal.
6) three scanned paper which Rosa received via the local librarian, Conxita Fenoy.
7) With the pages, Rosa gets in contact with Mr. Hong, a teacher of taekwondo and director of a center of Oriental medicine in Manresa;
8) when Mr. Hong understood what was required there; he told her to not worry as he would hand them to his son, 23, who attends medicine in Barcelona;
9) Mr. Hong's son reached Yumi Kim Im, a Korean translator;
10) Yumi rang Rosa and, in a perfect Catalan, told her that for a person who has not studied in Korean, the task is very difficult to translate, but she would give it a try.
11) in a couple of days the well-known writer (AKA in this text as author, novelist, scribe, columnist adn wordsmith), Marius his name, got the text translated. I told you you may know about him.
To read a lovely entry on the personal addition from the translator, read Lost in translation at www.MariusSerra.com web, click here. 유. More kick-and-run steps than in a Barça football match.