Huxley wrote Brave New World in 1932.
Aldous Huxley feels love and kinship for people everywhere, not only with his own family, nationality, or group. Finding similarities and making links between people from differing backgrounds or with different perspectives is a gift of his.
- He is kindhearted and generous with both his money and his affections, and he is not happy if he has to budget or restrict himself in any way.
- Pettiness or stinginess is foreign to Aldous' nature.
- Gracious and charitable, he enjoys sponsoring social events or cultural activities.
Aldous Huxley has an optimistic, friendly attitude towards others and tends to bring out the finer side of people. He is likely to fall in love with someone who is successful, noble and idealistic.
=== == ===Orwell wrote 1984 in 1948.
Orwell works well with the public and has an instinct for what the public wants and will respond to.
- Having a "nest" is not especially important to George, and he may invest more of his emotional energy into his career or public life than in his private life.
- Providing and caring for others, in a professional capacity is very likely.
- He is a sensitive soul and a dreamer who is very much attuned to the world of imagination and fantasy.
George Orwell often retreats into his own inner world in order to escape the harshness of everyday living in the "real world". Gentle and often rather passive as well, he will not fight or assert himself, even when he needs to.
Some comments on the web:
They both kind of missed the mark a bit.
They were describing a world distorted
by government and technology.
Orwell feared the government
-1940s (right wing);
whereas Huxley feared corporatism
-1930s (left wing).