Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

pronunciation webpage DAILY_ESL

Some folks say pronunciation is like hell.

What the HECK!  step by step.




The bestest page on pronunciation according to learners!

I learnt about his pages a score of years ago. 

 1001 pages at esl-lab

Check and comapare. Now revamped website. Fab!


We do not learn from experience.                
We learn from reflecting on experience.”               
  •                                                                                            John Dewey


       I selected  4  parts:       

Legal Use:                 

Individual Users: the contents of this site may be used online for personal use either at home, at an educational institution
Educators: the materials may be used online at educational institutions, either for individual or teacher-guided instruction


 PART I.   My own favourite:   https://www.ezslang.com/
You can not find conversation opportunities, i hear you say....There is fat chance of improving your spoken performance if you do not SPEAK at home, alone. Give it a go.


 PART II.     Dare to  TRY  these TWO  webpages where you work 7 minutes

Study and repeat these 1-minute passages of the last webpage  DAILY_ESL


text 1       Appliance Store: Washers, Dryers, and Refrigerator

Text 2.  HOME IMPROVEMENTS  :   https://www.dailyesl.com/at-home/home-improvements/
Now during the next 4 weeks, choose 2 others every week.



 PART III.   My  learners'  favourite: 
Quote:Reflective learner is an effective learner.   
R. Carter          

Readings For Pronunciation Practice   at   TRAIN YOUR ACCENT


HERE,  make the spoken text as good as 82% of the original pronunciation
Listen to your own recordings. Reflect on your mistakes....



 PART IV.    FROM Randall's  dozen  favourite ones:

  • With my oldest daughterFirst Date - This is one of the classics on my site. I loved creating it. It reflects my concern and (overly)-protective nature for my daughter's safety when dating.

  • With my brotherCar Repairs - It highlights my fears of cars breaking down on long tips.

  • With me and myselfJust a Haircut, Please! - It is one of the few recordings in which I play both parts of the conversation.

  • With me and my wifeRunning Shoes - It reminds me to always be completely honest with my wife. Honesty strengthens relationships.

  • With the familySpace Radio Theater - It is the only recording in which four of our family play parts, and it was written by our son, Josh.

  • With me and my wifeAlcoholics Anonymous and Drug Addiction- These highlight serious health and social issues. Suicide Prevention is another topic close to my heart, since our own son, Joshua, died by suicide in 2012.

  • With the my youngest sonEnjoying the Zoo - It contains a completely unscripted conversation with my youngest son --- a conversation with the youngest person ever on my site.

  • With me sleepingHomestay in the USA - A puppet show with me sleeping through the entire conversation.



No comments: