CATALAN view:- elperiodico
- Some 18% from all collegiate members in Barcelona, arrived in the last 10 years are not nationals (5.777 active professionals) with a MIR credential.
- Allegdly, there are few Catalan specialists searching for a job abroad (in numbers, during 2015 only 262)
- That is, 184 were from the rest of EU or SouthAmerica who with the lower opportunities here, decided to go back to their lands)
TASK. Watch the graph below and
Find 5 interesting items to delve comments on
FIRST PARAGRAPH: what else could you include?
The chart above illustrates the percentage involvement of doctors in Catalonia according to their origin in a period of thirteen years. The three groups detailed in the graph are inside Catalonia, rest of Spain and foreign lands. Generally speaking, the initial and final picture seem to have seen a relevant variation, especially in the largest group.
- Source? What type of doctors are these?
- All workforce or new recruitments?
- Which Years?
FIRST PARAGRAPH: EDITED_
The chart above from the Collegiate Body of Barcelona illustrates the percentage involvement of new active doctors in Catalonia according to their origin in a period of thirteen years. The source of the news was Elperiodico newspaper. The three groups detailed in the graph are inside Catalonia, rest of Spain and foreign lands. The time line is registered in percentages at 4 points from 2002 every four years (except 5 for the last period). Generally speaking, the initial and final picture seem to have seen a relevant variation, especially in the largest group.
TASK. WRITE now
PARAGRAPH(S) 2 and 3:
FINAL PARAGRAPH. Draw your conclusions:
To read about it.....
- Economist Daily Chart – This is collection of current graphs and charts, with descriptions. Visit the site and write out some of their graph descriptions on paper, then review them for useful words and phrases.
- TheGuardian.com Data Blog – Similar to the Economist but with a less economic focus and definitely more creative graphs.
- BBC Skills Wise – A great site for focussing on graph interpretation. If you can write perfect English but still struggle in IELTS Academic then you need this site. It’s perfect for improving your graph reading skills.
____ Interludi with PROVERBS ___
When society laws make personal choices go on the wrong direction to the public interest, someone has to address the mistake!...
So, minister.... we are:
- firing into the wrong flock /
- shooting one's own grandmother
- see proverbs below:
They must be strong legs that can support prosperous days.
He that has good legs, has often bad boots.
If his legs fail her, he fights on her knees.
We feel so sorry, Anna,.... that must have a stop! Lawlessness!
Item # 2
Anna Parra - 11 /02/2016 - elperiodico.com
"Vivía de hacer guardias de UCI a una media de siete euros la hora"-