1969-72... those year to remember
BIT 1. Have a look at these pictures of a time in North Florida (1972)
Describe them to your partner.
source: Photographer Bill Yates spent the better part of a year documenting young roller skaters in Florida. The images are collected in a new book, "Sweetheart Roller Skating Rink," by Fall Line Press.
BIT 2. When I grow up I'll be a...
- How many of you foresaw marriage on the horizon?
- Who mentioned divorce? co-habitation?....
In this survey in the UK at the end of the 1960's ...could you guess who were more proned to the idea of having children, boys or girls?
- I wanted to be a dentist from about 11 years old. I'm currently sitting in my surgery waiting for my next patient 16 years later. Rhys, Wales
- I always wanted to be a teacher when I grew up. I'm writing this from my PGCE course (The Postgraduate Certificate in Education). Guess dreams can come true. Becky, London, UK
- I had an ambition to be a fluteplaying, balletdancing nun. I learnt ballet and the flute, so two out of three wasn't bad. Jane Gordon Clark, Guildford, UK
- I wanted to be an air hostess. That dream died when I grew no taller than 5ft. Such is life I suppose. - Emma J, Aldershot UK
Did You Know What You Wanted To Be At 11?
Loose Women is a British panel show that has been broadcast on ITV since 6 September 1999.
Andrea McLean, Coleen Nolan, Beverley Knight & Jane McDonald
TASK_1. Watch this video (05:35) and take notes.
TASK_2. Ask three questions to your group mates.