Search This Blog

Monday, March 2, 2020

Where the sun rises - sunrises on the east


challenge   
South Korea vs Japan

There are many things to be experienced in South Korea that you'll never experienced in Japan.

Use your notebook to copy the answers.  

write  SK or J on the blanks below 
#1.........   ...........
#2
.........   ...........
#3
.........   ...........
#4
.........   ...........
#5
.........   ...........


 #1  .........   ...........
  • As some people mentioned, I’ve seen brawls break out in ........, which I’ve never seen happen in ..... (I’m sure it happens, but it’s certainly less frequent).


#2   ............   ............
When you order food in ............  you get unlimited side dishes, which is very nice. In .........., you pay for even the smallest thing. 
 

#3   ............   .............
  • I’ve also seen many people reading books or the newspaper in .......... trains, whereas ..........  are pretty much always on their smartphones. 
  • I’ve also seen many people reading books or the newspaper in .......... trains, whereas ..........  are pretty much always on their smartphones.


#4  ..............   ...............
  • Smoking indoors in ...........   is still allowed. The odd thing is that there is often no barrier between smoking and non-smoking sections. _From a country that prides itself on its sensitivity and respectfulness towards others, this is shocking and a rather large cultural contradiction_ . 
  • I’ve never seen people smoke indoors in ..........


#5 ..............   ...............
  • As of late, I’ve been noticing that many people in .........  put their feet on chairs and couches in public places. I see this on an almost daily basis in downtown capital. 
  • It's something I’ve never seen in ..........



To get your score, read the text ONCE 
and check your answers  with your partner


                     KEY  with  text              

#1As some people mentioned, I’ve seen brawls break out in Korea, which I’ve never seen happen in Japan (I’m sure it happens, but it’s certainly less frequent).

#2When you order food in Korea you get unlimited side dishes, which is very nice. In Japan, you pay for even the smallest thing.  

#3I’ve also seen many people reading books or the newspaper in Japanese trains, whereas Koreans are pretty much always on their smartphones 

#4Smoking indoors in Japan is still allowed. The odd thing is that there is often no barrier between smoking and non-smoking sections. From a country that prides itself on its sensitivity and respectfulness towards others, this is shocking and a rather large cultural contradiction. I’ve never seen people smoke indoors in Korea. 

#5As of late, I’ve been noticing that many people in Korea put their feet on chairs and couches in public places - something I’ve never seen in Japan. I see this on an almost daily basis in downtown capital.




       2 -shortcut to       KEY        

*KEY    challenge  * 
South Korea  vs   Japan.

 chech  your SK or J  below, please.

  • #1  KOREA   JAPAN
  • #2  KOREA   JAPAN
  • #3  JAPAN   KOREA
  • #4  JAPAN   KOREA
  • #5  KOREA   JAPAN

No comments: