Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 13, 2020

unsure tense futures- a handful of reactions

 From the previous post on unsure, dusty tense   futures

Tusk and .... acolytes, minions and other epigones.

  https://ma-serendipity.blogspot.com/2015/04/life-in-modern-times-speeches-tale-told.html

 

A handful of reactions from class past editions.

Browse them and have a glimpse at a couple of thoughts 

you appreciate in their own words.



 

R1 #  Hello everyone,

I loved the original video from Gary Tusk, because I am not a big fan of social media, so I like the message delivered. Moreover, I think that the video is kind of poetic in the form. However, the message is a bit tragic, and it gives the impression that everything about social media is terrible. For this reason, I found interesting the parodies, as they bring up the other side of the internet with some comedy. The one I liked the most is the JianHao Tan parody, from my point of view, he made a great parody and he manages to deliver the message that the internet and phones are not that bad.

Regards,

Adria

 

R2  #  Gary Turk' speech has struck my brain a lit’l bit.  Before starting I did not expect a video like this one. How expressively his many thoughts that a lot of people around the world have invade us, but very few preach as he does. It makes me think about how dependent we are to technological social media and displays, and how addictive and harmful they are to our real social life. So far, so good? The other short videos mere parodies of Gary Turk’s, making laugh about some situations that are also real, but they all start or finish their videos inviting people to subscribe in their different social media channels.    by A B

 

R3 #  In my opinion, Gary Turk's video is cheesy. I think he's right when he says we spend too much time on social media and our mobile devices, but he's a little bit of an extremist. I really enjoyed the parodies because they were sarcastic and laughable. I believe the key is finding a balance between social media and real life. 

 

R4 #  So good that i even shared it on my facebook account, LOL!  Both brilliant and witty, I loved the pace, the music, and the message. thank u Miquel Angel (As good as  the Mom speech!), So look up from your phone, shut down those displays, we have a finite existence, a set number of days, our years are numbered. 

I guess there is no point I emphasize Gary Tusk’s video, my presentation is a pale attempt to share  my full insight on this topic, so If u don't mind I'll stop here my remarks. Enjoy my vídeo .

Marc M.

 

R5 #  Gary Turk’s speech is very interesting, he express most of the people’s thoughts,  I hear you rapping “The overreactions are part of being exposed!!!. Social media shapes us more than we may be tempted to accept.”

I also see that... but I’m a social media fan and I really loved Jin Han Tan parody, thanks to technology we are able to do a thousand of different things that not that long ago people couldn’t do. 

Here I attached my short speech: xxxxx   R. R. 

 

R6 #   In my opinion, Gary Turk comments that we should live our life without using technology, like our fathers or grandfathers, while the other parodies say completely the opposite, that we should use technology as our way of living. I agree with Gary Turk, but we should use technology also for help our daily life, not live through technology but we should use it to make our lifes easier.

 

 

R7 #  In my case, I started watching the Look Down videos and the Gary Turk speech and, of course, it shocked me Inside out.

In my opinion, Gary Turk gives us an advice about finding a balance between using social media or smartphones and living the life awake and alive. It’s important to be conscious of the use we give to electronic devices, as Gary Turk says, rather than removing them from our lives or using them constantly, as the other videos expose.

The worst part, though, is that the video continues talking about a stereotypical life like having a partner, buying a house, getting married, having children… but is it really the current trend? I guess fashions change and with them, life goals. So this is something on what I would disagree .

 

R8 #  Hardly ever have I been interested in the world of social media. However, I’ve found fantastic that Gary Tusk’s video. I hope that it can be able to open the mind and the eyes as much people as possible. In time they will appreciate it. And look at this! It’s made in 2014. Gary Tusk was clairvoyant with the role of the mobile phones and other devices.

 

R9 #  while you are planning ahead or putting off what you want to do, do they make us  time slaves? So Lennon was right...”Life is what happens to you...”  in "Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy).  I often don’t realize time is saved when I plan.

Time never stops, life is happening, life could be passing you by, wverybody agrees shift happens, it’s ongoing no matter what.

 

R10 #  I thoroughly enjoyed the poetic form and he got a fast recognition...So NOT ALL everything about social media is terrible.    Far Much better, and  preferible, a sort of  parody, a bite of hummour, a pinch of chuckle and  full time irony!

 how often do dumb people use their brains? How often do i fail to get down the message?  ..it isn't about complete shut down to me: just to have a balanced life then, why not,  just living in virtual world does not harm me in the least...

C. H.  


R11 #  A video that, without a doubt, reaches the soul perhaps also due to the poetry and music that appears indirectly.

Finally, I must say that the other parodies for me have been an entertainment and I do not share anything of the content.  by R. P.

 

R12 #  A video, a broken heart, a half-baked truth? My conclusion is that it is important to use technology in a good way, keeping dependence away. It can have a large variety of positive uses, but extreme practice can drive us to a damaging situation that affects our real life.

Here I attach the oral part of the activity. Hope it works properly. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sHNF8Neq6PMfCAXHR9mr55hxttPhmevJ

Maria H.

 

 


No comments: